Battle of Rozhanovce stamp by Slovakia
The Slovak Post has issued a stamp commemorating the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Rozhanovce.
The Battle of Rozhanovce was fought between King Charles I of Hungary and the family of Palatine Amades Aba on June 15, 1312, on the Rozgony (today Rozhanovce) field. Chronicon Pictum described it as the “most cruel battle since the Mongol invasion of Europe”. Despite many casualties on the King’s side, his decisive victory brought an end to the Aba family’s rule over eastern Kingdom of Hungary, weakened King’s major domestic opponent Matthew Czak, and ultimately secured power for Charles I of Hungary. This momentous event was also painted by a painter who illustrated the Illuminated Chronicle after 1370. He depicted the defeat of Amades and armies of Matthew Czak of Trencin by the falling of the flag with the historical symbol of Slovakia – double cross on three hills. This picture served as a theme for the stamp.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,323
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 864
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 813
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 565
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas