Olympic stamp issue by San Marino
This stamp issue designed by M. Fontana is dedicated to the 30th edition of the most famous world sport event – The Summer Olympic Games.
With this issue of four stamps, San Marino Post wants to celebrate not only swimming, athletics and trap shooting but also the historical origins of this competition.
On the first stamp, for example, Fontana represented the Olympic torch, one of the symbols of Ancient Greece, when the fire was kept burning for the whole period of the games. The fire was reintroduced in the Olympic games of 1928 and from that year it is part of the opening ceremony.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,387
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 902
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 883
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 597
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas