This stamp issue designed by M. Fontana is dedicated to the 30th edition of the most famous world sport event – The Summer Olympic Games.
With this issue of four stamps, San Marino Post wants to celebrate not only swimming, athletics and trap shooting but also the historical origins of this competition.
On the first stamp, for example, Fontana represented the Olympic torch, one of the symbols of Ancient Greece, when the fire was kept burning for the whole period of the games. The fire was reintroduced in the Olympic games of 1928 and from that year it is part of the opening ceremony.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 758
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 317
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 310
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013