Europa 2012 – Visit stamps by Luxembourg
What is it that attracts foreign tourists to Luxembourg? Studies have revealed that among the points made when one chooses one cultural destination over another, three elements prevail: cultural heritage, contemporary art, and design.
The “Europa” stamps, created for 2012 by the artist Linda Bos, trace precisely these three pillars of cultural tourism. The artist conceived the two stamps in such a way as to give the impression of a single image which on the left-hand side has the Monument au Souvenir “Gelle Fra” and, on the right, the watertower of Leudelange which features internationally renowned contemporary architecture. The two monuments are synonymous with the development of architecture in Luxembourg.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,330
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 866
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 830
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 572
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas