What is it that attracts foreign tourists to Luxembourg? Studies have revealed that among the points made when one chooses one cultural destination over another, three elements prevail: cultural heritage, contemporary art, and design.
The “Europa” stamps, created for 2012 by the artist Linda Bos, trace precisely these three pillars of cultural tourism. The artist conceived the two stamps in such a way as to give the impression of a single image which on the left-hand side has the Monument au Souvenir “Gelle Fra” and, on the right, the watertower of Leudelange which features internationally renowned contemporary architecture. The two monuments are synonymous with the development of architecture in Luxembourg.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 751
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 308
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 301
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013