Russian Post’s EUROPA Stamp entry was named the winner of the 2012 PostEurop EUROPA Jury Prize Competition which was held at the famous Parc Floral de Paris in conjunction with the Planet Timbres exhibition, where an expert jury met and voted through closed ballot.
PostEurop held their second EUROPA Jury Competition at the beautiful Parc Floral de Paris this spring. Seven philately experts were invited to join the jury and judge the EUROPA Stamps based on their expert opinion. 55 entries were displayed before the jury and after much deliberation, the jurors casted their closed ballots followed by a round of voting and discussion. Having reached a consensus, Mr. David E. Failor, Chief of the United Nations Postal Administration, proudly announced Russian Post as the winner of the 2012 Europa stamp Jury Prize.
“We were amazed at the many beautiful and well-thought entries received this year. Determining the most beautiful Europa stamp of 2012 was a difficult task because of the wide variety of attractive and well designed entries,” noted jury President David Failor of the United Nations Postal Administration. “Ultimately the jury selected the entry from the Russian Federation because of its inviting theme, high quality production and superior iconic image. The stamp did a wonderful job of celebrating the subject of tourism.”
The prizes will be handed out during the Belgian Philatelic Grand Prix to be held in the Brussels City Hall on the 22nd September 2012.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 749
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 308
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 301
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013