‘Medjugorje 2012′ stamp issue by Croatian post Ltd. Mostar
This stamp issue from Bosnia and Herzegovina is dedicated to one of European’s largest Marian shrines, which is visited every year by millions of pilgrims.
On 25th June 1981, six young people from Herzegovinian parish Medjugorje on the hill Crnica, on the part called Podbrdo (Apparition HIll), had an encounter with the woman, who they recognized as Our Lady. They were: Ivanka Ivankovic, Mirjana Dragicevic, Vicka Ivankovic, Ivan Dragicevic, Marija Pavlovic and Jakov Colo. From that day till today, the Our Lady calls mankind on peace between the God and man, to peace between people.
There are three special places in Medjugorje. The parish church dedicated to the patron of pilgrims – St. Jacob, the Apparition Hill, where the visionaries first testified about encounter with the Lady and the Cross Mountain, the place of worshiping of Christ
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,362
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 872
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 854
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 582
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas