Mail a Smile Forever Stamps Celebrate Disney Pixar Characters
Amid a sea of smiles, the U.S. Postal Service has celebrated the issuance of 125 million new stamps featuring popular Disney Pixar characters. The Mail a Smile Forever stamps official First-Day-of-Issue dedication ceremony took place at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort on June 1.
Following up on Send a Hello stamps issued in 2011, the eagerly awaited Mail a Smile stamp sheet includes five different designs spotlighting:
- Flik and Dot from “A Bug’s Life” (1998);
- Bob Parr (Mr. Incredible) and Dashiell “Dash” Parr from “The Incredibles” (2004), with “Dash” also shown running in the background;
- Nemo and Squirt from “Finding Nemo” (2003);
- Woody, Bullseye, and Jessie from “Toy Story 2″ (1999);
- Boo, Mike Wazowski, and James P. “Sulley” Sullivan from “Monsters, Inc.” (2001).
The back of the stamp sheet shows blue-pencil sketches of characters from these movies interspersed among text that exhorts readers to mail a smile to a loved one. Postal Service art director William Gicker of Washington, DC, worked with Disney Pixar to design the stamp art.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,352
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 870
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 847
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 579
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas