2012 marks a significant year for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as she celebrates 60 years as a dedicated monarch. New Zealand Post has issued the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee stamps to mark this prestigious anniversary.
Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee is only the second in the past 1,000 years of New Zealand and British history. The first was Queen Victoria’s in 1897.
Queen Elizabeth II has close links to New Zealand, and is the first monarch to adopt the title Queen of New Zealand. She has visited New Zealand on ten separate occasions, both officially and informally, and in the past six decades she has been actively involved in all aspects of New Zealand life.
Featuring silver foiling on metallic silver ink, the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee stamps reflect this prestigious anniversary. Each of the six stamps in this highly collectable stamp issue reflects Her Majesty’s close association with a dedication to Aotearoa. From the official 2012 portraits to photographs of the Queen’s various tours of New Zealand, this is a stamp issue worth celebrating.
The first day covers feature the official New Zealand portraits of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh, as well as the official New Zealand Diamond Jubilee emblem.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 772
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 344
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 335
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 312
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013