Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena – stamp by Italy
The Italian Post continues its “Made in Italy” series with the stamp dedicated to the traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena. The original traditional product (Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale) made from a reduction of cooked white Trebbiano grape juice and not vinegar in the usual sense, has been made in Modena since the Middle Ages: the production of the balsamic vinegar is mentioned in a document dated 1046 Today, the traditional balsamic vinegar is highly valued by chefs and gourmet food lovers.
The stamp features the characteristic bottle recognized as the official container of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and a series of barrels used for aging the vinegar in the background.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,379
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 887
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 878
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 588
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas