Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena – stamp by Italy
The Italian Post continues its “Made in Italy” series with the stamp dedicated to the traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena. The original traditional product (Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale) made from a reduction of cooked white Trebbiano grape juice and not vinegar in the usual sense, has been made in Modena since the Middle Ages: the production of the balsamic vinegar is mentioned in a document dated 1046 Today, the traditional balsamic vinegar is highly valued by chefs and gourmet food lovers.
The stamp features the characteristic bottle recognized as the official container of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and a series of barrels used for aging the vinegar in the background.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,442
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,075
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 533
- 15.12.2013Philately keeps me company in old age: Brijmohan Modi’s story - 453
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?