The Russian Post has issued a stamp commemorating the centennial of birth of Marina Raskova.
Marina Raskova (March 28, 1912 – January 4, 1943) was a famous Soviet navigator. She later became one of over 800,000 women in the military service, founding three female air regiments which would eventually fly over 30,000 sorties in World War II. Raskova was among the first women awarded with the title Hero of the Soviet Union.
The stamp features a portrait of Raskova against route of fly, compass, slide rule, and navigation protractor.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 772
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 344
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 335
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 312
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013