The theme of the EUROPA 2012 stamps is tourism. The European postal organization, Posteurop, whose members consist of 40+ postal organizations, determines the theme each year. Individual members then decide themselves which motifs they will use on their own stamps. A landscape from Dalarna and a panorama view of Stockholm with the Globe in the foreground are used for this year’s Swedish EUROPA stamps.
The choice of motifs matches the results of a survey conducted by the VisitSweden, a tourist organization that markets Sweden internationally.
The Dalarna province has been a frequent motif on stamps and in the 1970s Sweden Post issued a booklet, In Dalom, that depicted well-known tourist attractions. A panorama view of Stockholm was depicted on a stamp as early as 1924, and in conjunction with its inauguration in 1989 the Globe appeared on a stamp for the first time.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 758
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 317
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 310
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013