Europa 2012 stamps – Visit Sweden
The theme of the EUROPA 2012 stamps is tourism. The European postal organization, Posteurop, whose members consist of 40+ postal organizations, determines the theme each year. Individual members then decide themselves which motifs they will use on their own stamps. A landscape from Dalarna and a panorama view of Stockholm with the Globe in the foreground are used for this year’s Swedish EUROPA stamps.
The choice of motifs matches the results of a survey conducted by the VisitSweden, a tourist organization that markets Sweden internationally.
The Dalarna province has been a frequent motif on stamps and in the 1970s Sweden Post issued a booklet, In Dalom, that depicted well-known tourist attractions. A panorama view of Stockholm was depicted on a stamp as early as 1924, and in conjunction with its inauguration in 1989 the Globe appeared on a stamp for the first time.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,381
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 891
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 878
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 591
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas