Sochi 2014 Olympic Stamps Available
A new stamp series has been unveiled in honour of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics at a special launch ceremony in the host city.
The new XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi Olympic Winter Sports stamps follow on from last week’s release of the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi Tourism on the Black Sea Coast of Russia, which consists of four stamps featuring Krasnaya Polyana, the Harbor Station, the Watchtower at the Bolshoi Akhun and the Volkonsky Quoit at the Sochi National Park.
The latest collection of three stamps features one for cross-country skiing, another for ski jumping and the final one for short track, and as the information on the stamps is given in six languages, they are the most multilingual stamps in the history of the Olympic Winter Games.
In total, four souvenir sheets and 45 stamps, maxi-cards and postcards will be released in the run up to Sochi 2014, with sets of stamps also being issued on decorative Games branded envelopes.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,924
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,334
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 751
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 667
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.