Sochi 2014 Olympic Stamps Available
A new stamp series has been unveiled in honour of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics at a special launch ceremony in the host city.
The new XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi Olympic Winter Sports stamps follow on from last week’s release of the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi Tourism on the Black Sea Coast of Russia, which consists of four stamps featuring Krasnaya Polyana, the Harbor Station, the Watchtower at the Bolshoi Akhun and the Volkonsky Quoit at the Sochi National Park.
The latest collection of three stamps features one for cross-country skiing, another for ski jumping and the final one for short track, and as the information on the stamps is given in six languages, they are the most multilingual stamps in the history of the Olympic Winter Games.
In total, four souvenir sheets and 45 stamps, maxi-cards and postcards will be released in the run up to Sochi 2014, with sets of stamps also being issued on decorative Games branded envelopes.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 883
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 706
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 364
- 08.03.2014Bpost grabs world record: 606 words on a stamp - 336
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …