Fishes on new stamps from Belarus
The Belarusian Post has issued two new postage stamps in its “Fishes of Belarus reservoirs” series. The stamps depict a burbot and a pike.
The burbot (Lota lota) is the only gadiform (cod-like) fish inhabiting freshwaters. The burbot is a tenacious predator, which will sometimes attack other fish that are almost the same size and as such can be a nuisance fish in waters where it is not native.
Pike is a genus of freshwater fish. Pike can grow to a maximum recorded length of 1.83 meters (6 ft 0 in), reaching a maximum recorded weight of 35 kilograms (77 lb). They have the elongated, torpedo-like form of predatory fishes, with sharply-pointed heads and sharp teeth. Their coloration is typically grey-green with a mottled or spotted appearance with stripes along their back, perfectly camouflaged among weeds.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,340
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 867
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 833
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 575
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas