Stamp of Approval for American Chamber 50th
On 3 February, 2011, An Post issued a stamp to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ireland.
American Chamber of Commerce, Ireland Chief Executive, Joanne Richardson and An Post CEO Donal Connell unveiled the new 55c stamp at the striking Georgian hall door of the Chamber’s Dublin headquarters at Wilton Place, which is shown framing Irish and American flags on the new stamp.
Speaking at the event, Donal Connell congratulated the Board and membership of the American Chamber on their 50th anniversary. “This stamp is a fitting tribute to the American Chamber’s work as a well-respected, well-informed and vocal representative for US companies based here in Ireland. US companies have contributed significantly to Ireland’s economic development over the last five decades. In these difficult economic times, it is up to all of us involved in business to do everything possible to support economic recovery and a return to prosperity here in Ireland, across Europe and the US,” he added.
Welcoming the new stamp, Joanne Richardson said “it is a tremendous honour that An Post has chosen to celebrate with us, in our Golden Jubilee year, with this special tribute. This stamp is recognition of the success of our member companies in winning jobs and investment for Ireland and highlights the critical role that we are playing in Ireland’s economic survival and growth into the future. Today 600 US companies in Ireland have invested $165 billion and employ over 100,000 people. We are proud to support this positive relationship with the United States and look forward with optimism to the next 50 years.”
The American Chamber of Commerce Ireland was established in January 1961 with the mission to be the collective voice for US business in Ireland. Over its fifty years the Chamber has played host to a number of famous faces, including US State Governors and US President Ronald Regan.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,352
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 870
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 847
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 580
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas