The French Post has issued a new stamp it its traditional “Art in the City” series which in 2011 is dedicated to the work of Jean-Michel Othoniel.
The French artist born in 1964 likes to experiment with physical and plastic proprieties of materials. His bent is to reveal their hidden beauty. In 2000, he won the contest of the RATP (Autonomous Direction of Paris Transport) and created the entry structure of the metro station Palais-Royal in Paris, which he transformed into “The Kiosk of Night Owls” made of aluminium spheres and Murano glass.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 760
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 320
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 310
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013