This issue illustrating the breeding penguins of the Falkland Islands is taken from photographs by Alan Henry and Reinhard Mischke. The set comprises of six Airmail Letter rate stamps (currently 70p) showing each type of the five breeding penguins and an unusual picture of an albino Rockhopper penguin.
Penguins are generally regarded as being synonymous with the Falkland Islands and attract a great number of tourists each year. The stamps are available singly in sheetlets of 10 and combined in a souvenir sheet.
The breeding penguins featured on the stamps are:
- King Penguin Aptenodytes patagonicus
- Macaroni Penguin Eudyptes chrysolophus
- Rockhopper Penguin Eudyptes chrysocome
- The Albino Rockhopper Penguin
- Magellanic Penguin Spheniscus magellanicus
- Gentoo Penguin Pygoscelis papua
The Official First Day Cover depicts a Magellanic Penguin swimming and the souvenir sheet border depicts a pair of King Penguins.