Spain has issued a series of six postage stamps dedicated to the following lighthouses: Aviles in Asturias, the Punta Cumplida on the island of La Palma, the San Cibrao in Lugo, the Punta de La Polacra in Almeria, Ciutadella on the island of Menorca, and Huertas in Alicante.
The Lighthouse of Aviles, also known as San Juan, is located on the east bank of the mouth of the estuary of Aviles, in the municipality of San Juan de Nieva. It began to work in 1863.
The Lighthouse of Punta Cumplida is located in Barlovento, in the far north of the island of La Palma. It became operational on April 1, 1867.
The lighthouse of San Cibrao is located in Cervo, north of the province of Lugo. It was built in 1864 and consists of a conical granite tower.
The lighthouse at Punta La Polacra in Nijar (Almeria) was built in 1991 and has a height of 14 m. and a range of 14 nautical miles.
The Ciutadella lighthouse is located on the island of Menorca. It is a white tower with black stripes attached to a building.
The lighthouse Cabo de Huertas in Alicante has been operating since 1856 and is located between the neighbourhoods of La Albufereta and Playa de San Juan. It consists of a white circular tower and three overlapping bodies topped with the optical and lighting device of the lighthouse itself.