Magyar Posta is commemorating the 700th anniversary of the use of paper in Hungary by releasing a special stamp.
The first Hungarian document on paper dates from 1310. The size of the straw-coloured fragment of a sheet of paper cut to the shape of an irregular, horizontal rectangle is 233-240 x 168-171 mm. The hand-made paper is relatively thick, but the thickness varies, and its condition shows the signs of the centuries. The letter of Cardinal Gentilis is today kept by the Hungarian National Archives.
The stamp design shows the first deed on Hungarian watermarked paper issued in Pozsony by the papal legate Cardinal Gentilis de Monteflorum. On the first day cover the reverse of the document and the building of the Hungarian National Archives are depicted. The special postmark employs the motif of a dragon watermark.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 763
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 341
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 322
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 311
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013