Magyar Posta is issuing a sheet of postage stamps and a book of special stamps to mark the Shanghai World Expo.
The “main character” in the Hungarian pavilion is the Gomboc, the first known homogeneous, convex object to have just one stable and one unstable point of equilibrium.
The Gomboc is shown on the stamps. This unique invention is being released in special sheets containing 30 ordinary postage stamps. The designs of the stamps illustrate the most characteristic phases of the movement of the Gomboc.
The stamps are also being released as a special issue in the form of an unusual book of stamps. By flicking the pages of the book, the designs showing the movement phases of the Gomboc are brought to life and its movement appears like a film.
On the first day cover the Gomboc and the equations describing its construction and operation can be seen. The special postmark uses the logo of the Gomboc.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 759
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 339
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 318
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 310
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013