India releases stamp on Syed Mohammedali Shihab Thangal
On Monday, 2 August in Delhi Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh released a commemorative stamp on religious leader Janab Syed Mohammed Ali Shihab Thangal on his first death anniversary.
“I am very happy to release this stamp,” said Singh.
“Janab Thangal was a great son of Kerala. He was an influential spiritual leader and a widely respected politician, leading the Kerala State Muslim League for more than three decades. As a political leader he contributed to the first successful experiment of coalition politics in India in the form of the Congress – IUML combine,” the PM said.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 922
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 795
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 398
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 336
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …