India releases stamp on Syed Mohammedali Shihab Thangal
On Monday, 2 August in Delhi Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh released a commemorative stamp on religious leader Janab Syed Mohammed Ali Shihab Thangal on his first death anniversary.
“I am very happy to release this stamp,” said Singh.
“Janab Thangal was a great son of Kerala. He was an influential spiritual leader and a widely respected politician, leading the Kerala State Muslim League for more than three decades. As a political leader he contributed to the first successful experiment of coalition politics in India in the form of the Congress – IUML combine,” the PM said.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,921
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,333
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 739
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 667
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.