Fishes of the Reef on 60c Australian Stamps
With the basic postage rate going to 60c, Australia Post has issued a new and colourful definitive issue titled Fishes of the Reef. This issue is in two parts with Part 2 issued on 28 June 2010, when the new postage rates become valid.
Australia’s tropical and subtropical waters support an astounding range of marine life, particularly in the reef areas. The largest coral reef system in the world, the Great Barrier Reef spans more than 2,000 kilometres of the north-eastern coast. This area alone is home to an estimated 1,500 species of fishes, up to 8,000 species of molluscs and 360 species of corals. Fishes are an important part of reef ecology and the eight fish species in this stamp issue occupy the waters of Great Barrier Reef. Several are also found around reefs off northern and Western Australia.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,316
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 864
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 805
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 563
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas