Fishes of the Reef on 60c Australian Stamps
With the basic postage rate going to 60c, Australia Post has issued a new and colourful definitive issue titled Fishes of the Reef. This issue is in two parts with Part 2 issued on 28 June 2010, when the new postage rates become valid.
Australia’s tropical and subtropical waters support an astounding range of marine life, particularly in the reef areas. The largest coral reef system in the world, the Great Barrier Reef spans more than 2,000 kilometres of the north-eastern coast. This area alone is home to an estimated 1,500 species of fishes, up to 8,000 species of molluscs and 360 species of corals. Fishes are an important part of reef ecology and the eight fish species in this stamp issue occupy the waters of Great Barrier Reef. Several are also found around reefs off northern and Western Australia.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,470
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,122
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 545
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 535
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?