Postage stamps to cost 60c
Australia Post will increase the costs of postage stamps to 60 cents, with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) not objecting to the increase.
Australia Post had previously tried to increase postage stamp costs from the current 55 cents to 60 cents last year, but was rejected by the ACCC with concerns that Australia post had not proven its case and that costs should have dropped due to the GFC. Australia Post then made another attempt to increase prices in April, which initially was ‘concerning’ for the ACCC, but after review Australia Posts’ case has passed the ACCC’s scrutiny and 60 cent stamps will come into effect from the 28th of June this year applying to Small, Large and PreSort letter services..
The ACCC has statutory powers to assess proposed Australia Post price increases in areas where it has a monopoly: mail collection, mail distribution and the issue of postage stamps.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,386
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 898
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 882
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 595
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas