If ever there was a “Legend of Hollywood,” it was Katharine Hepburn.
On Wednesday, the U.S. Postal Service will honor the much-honored actress with the 16th in its Legends of Hollywood stamp series.
The 44-cent commemorative features a publicity photo by Clarence S. Bull from the MGM movie “Woman of the Year” in 1942, the year she turned 35.
The selvage image shows Hepburn as she appeared in the play West Side Waltz.
The stamp was designed by Derry Noyes of Washington, D.C. The first day ceremony will be held in Hepburn’s hometown, Old Saybrook, Conn., where she died in 2003 at age of 96.
Hepburn joins other Legends of Hollywood on stamps, including Judy Garland, Humphrey Bogart, Henry Fonda, Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. The series began in 1995, with Marilyn Monroe on a 32-cent stamp.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 765
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 342
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 325
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 311
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013