Price of postage goes up
The price of a U.S. postage stamp goes up Monday. It will now cost 44 cents to mail a first class letter. That’s a two cent increase.
Since January 2001, rates for first-class stamps have gone up 10 cents.
The stamps came out on Saturday, but the official start date is May 11th. People will still be able to use their “forever stamps”, which are stamps that are bought at current prices, but can be used regardless of future price changes.
Other mailing prices also went up. For a complete list of price changes, click here.
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,656
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 855
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 621
- 08.03.2014Bpost grabs world record: 606 words on a stamp - 324
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …