Price of postage goes up
The price of a U.S. postage stamp goes up Monday. It will now cost 44 cents to mail a first class letter. That’s a two cent increase.
Since January 2001, rates for first-class stamps have gone up 10 cents.
The stamps came out on Saturday, but the official start date is May 11th. People will still be able to use their “forever stamps”, which are stamps that are bought at current prices, but can be used regardless of future price changes.
Other mailing prices also went up. For a complete list of price changes, click here.
- 02.03.2016Presidents on Stamps – remarkable stamp issues to be remembered and collected - 1,206
- 07.03.2016Most popular stamps 2015 by StampNews readers’ opinion - 1,159
- 14.12.2015A scandal in the world of philately! Carrick woman accused of stealing and selling stamps worth US$1 million - 698
- 08.02.2016New Zealand Native Glowworms amaze by their beauty. 4 innovative shining stamps released! - 413
- 05.05.2016alex: just purchased
- 22.04.2016alex: 2009 stamp on 2016 FDC - This could be h …
- 20.04.2016alex: nice series!
- 18.04.2016birdstamper: The Shearwaters on these four stamps are …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: These are “PERSONALIZED” stamps! These a …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: This is a “PERSONALIZED” stamp! It was N …
- 08.04.2016Stewie1980: These are "PERSONALIZED" stamps! These a …
- 12.03.2016StampLover: Very detailed and interesting ranking! A …
- 06.03.2016alex: agree!
- 04.03.2016prettyfen: this topic stamps is very few.