Price of postage goes up
The price of a U.S. postage stamp goes up Monday. It will now cost 44 cents to mail a first class letter. That’s a two cent increase.
Since January 2001, rates for first-class stamps have gone up 10 cents.
The stamps came out on Saturday, but the official start date is May 11th. People will still be able to use their “forever stamps”, which are stamps that are bought at current prices, but can be used regardless of future price changes.
Other mailing prices also went up. For a complete list of price changes, click here.
- 27.05.2016Slovene lacemaking as the greatest form of art. One Special stamp released by Slovenian Post - 2,245
- 06.08.2016Preliminary results of the annual rating “MOST POPULAR STAMPS 2016 BY STAMPNEWS READERS’ OPINION”. You can be the one who will define the winner! - 459
- 22.08.2016A real furor in the philatelic world. Stamp enthusiast from Czech Republic bought world’s most expensive stamps! - 436
- 07.05.2016Rio 2016 as the greatest sporting event this summer. One spectacular stamp released by Luxembourg Post - 414
- 25.09.2016editor-in-chief: fixed! thank you
- 22.09.2016Stewie1980: A printing run of 180,000 is not limited …
- 10.09.2016ubbu: Very nice stamps!
- 05.08.2016Brazil Stamps: Today is a happy day for us, opening the …
- 05.08.2016hippokampos: Bonjour Michele, some advice for you. …
- 02.08.2016editor-in-chief: fixed, thank you!
- 31.07.2016Stewie1980: The '4995 items issued' only applies to …
- 28.07.2016Stewie1980: These are not personalized. Personalized …
- 27.07.2016editor-in-chief: Hope these stamps are not PERSONALIZED
- 16.07.2016Michele: Bonjour, Je suis dentellière, philatéli …