Pope Benedict XVI is scheduled to visit Israel from 11 May 2009 to 15 May 2009. This occasion will be commemorated by a selection of philatelic and souvenir products.
“My Own Stamp”
The Israel Philatelic Service will be issuing two “My Own Stamp” sheets. The first will be on sale from 4 May 2009 and during the visit and the second will be produced immediately afterwards and consist of actual photos taken during the visit.
Each sheet will be available in a special souvenir set.
Both “My Own Stamp” sheets contain 12 stamps. The stamp used is the “Blue and White” stamp showing the sea and the word “Israel” in Hebrew written in the sand.
ATM Postage Label Papal Visit
The labels will be dispensed from the ATM machines in Nazareth and Jerusalem only for the duration of the visit. They will be removed from sale on 17 May 2009.
Israel is also preparing the NIS 3.80 value label on decorative postcards for tourists to send back to their friends and family. There will be three different sets containing five postcards (each postcard has the postage label attached to it). Each set of 5 postcards cost NIS 25.
There will be four special cancellations:
4 May 2009 Cancellation for the ATM label, Nazareth
11 May 2009 First day of visit, Jerusalem
12 May 2009 Jerusalem
14 May 2009 Nazareth
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 763
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 341
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 321
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 311
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013