The Israel Philatelic Service commemorates the visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Israel
“My Own Stamp”
The Israel Philatelic Service will be issuing two “My Own Stamp” sheets. The first will be on sale from 4 May 2009 and during the visit and the second will be produced immediately afterwards and consist of actual photos taken during the visit.
Each sheet will be available in a special souvenir set.
Both “My Own Stamp” sheets contain 12 stamps. The stamp used is the “Blue and White” stamp showing the sea and the word “Israel” in Hebrew written in the sand.
ATM Postage Label Papal Visit
The labels will be dispensed from the ATM machines in Nazareth and Jerusalem only for the duration of the visit. They will be removed from sale on 17 May 2009.
Israel is also preparing the NIS 3.80 value label on decorative postcards for tourists to send back to their friends and family. There will be three different sets containing five postcards (each postcard has the postage label attached to it). Each set of 5 postcards cost NIS 25.
There will be four special cancellations:
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,470
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,122
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 545
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 534
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?