Bryan Adams gets the stamp of approval
Bryan Adams has sold 65 million albums. He’s had a number one hit in 40 countries. He’s partied with the Queen and Lady Di.
Now he’s really hit the big time – he’s going to be on a stamp.
The 49-year-old singer-songwriter is part of a quartet of musicians who will appear on Canada Post stamps. Adams, Stompin’ Tom Connors, Quebec’s Robert Charlebois and Acadian singer-songwriter Edith Butler are the second wave in the “Canadian Recording Artists” series, which proved wildly popular when it was introduced last year.
Six million stamps featuring Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Paul Anka and Anne Murray were sold in the summer of 2007, and a similar number will likely be printed this time. The stamps will be sold in books of eight, with two stamps of each artist, so there will probably be 1.5 million Bryan Adams stamps printed.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 883
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 706
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 364
- 08.03.2014Bpost grabs world record: 606 words on a stamp - 336
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …