Bryan Adams gets the stamp of approval
Bryan Adams has sold 65 million albums. He’s had a number one hit in 40 countries. He’s partied with the Queen and Lady Di.
Now he’s really hit the big time – he’s going to be on a stamp.
The 49-year-old singer-songwriter is part of a quartet of musicians who will appear on Canada Post stamps. Adams, Stompin’ Tom Connors, Quebec’s Robert Charlebois and Acadian singer-songwriter Edith Butler are the second wave in the “Canadian Recording Artists” series, which proved wildly popular when it was introduced last year.
Six million stamps featuring Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, Paul Anka and Anne Murray were sold in the summer of 2007, and a similar number will likely be printed this time. The stamps will be sold in books of eight, with two stamps of each artist, so there will probably be 1.5 million Bryan Adams stamps printed.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,447
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,085
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 536
- 15.12.2013Philately keeps me company in old age: Brijmohan Modi’s story - 456
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?