Discerning collectors as well as professional dealers and ambitious investors will meet at the world's most important stamp auction to be held at the Rapp auction house from November 24 to 27, 2008.
Stamps and coins worth about 15 million Swiss Francs will be on sale. Selected single lots and comprehensive collections of the Swiss, European and Overseas areas will be contained in the offer.
The first catalogue volume is exclusively devoted to Switzerland. It presents what certainly is the best Swiss offer in decades anywhere.
- Unique proofs and essays and a huge number of other valuable single items of high quality
- An outstanding range of valuable, often extremely specialized collections covering all periods of Swiss philately and postal history will stir interest. Their size and quality are breathtaking.
- Two internationally high-ranking Swiss collections stand out from this first catalogue. The detailed list of both the "PILATUS" and "GENEVE" are expected to realize several millions Swiss Francs.
- "PILATUS" comprises over 350 items of spectacular postal history including very rare frankings, postal rates and overseas destinations.
- "GENEVE" presents gems of Swiss philately in exceptional quality and beauty, including a fabulous horizontal pair of the Basle Dove from the 1st printing and a 5 Rp. Rayon I light blue and a 10 Rp. Rayon II each with completely framed cross.
The second volume of the catalogue is devoted to all the other areas of philately and postal history. It presents selected high-quality items - such as, to mention just two examples, the unissued "Burg Rheinstein" stamp in a mint corner block of twelve and important prephilatelic rarities and rare forerunner items of Liechtenstein. In addition, there will be an unrivalled range of outstanding collections and holdings estimated to realize many million Swiss Francs.
For more information please visit