Experience a movie on a real stamp!
Austrian Post is to release a revolutionary lenticular stamp to celebrate the UEFA EURO 2008. The new stamp goes on sale on 5 May 2008 and the issue will have a matching special postmark.
48 images of a TV recording are superposed on the stamp. To the viewer, the optical effect is that of a film sequence of approx. 3 seconds.
The stamp features the legendary goal scored by Andi Herzog, Austria’s record-breaking international player. With this dream goal against Sweden scored in the 76th minute on 6 September 1997, Andi Herzog paved the way for the Austrian national team to enter the main draw of the World Championships 1998 in France. On the stamp, the goal and its setup from three different perspectives are shown.
Austrian Post aimed to bring the legendary team spirit of the 90s back to the hearts and minds of today’s players and to football enthusiasts in Austria. The Andi Herzog stamp is the technologically most sophisticated stamp of all time. It is also the largest one, measuring 6.5 by 4.7 cm. In addition to that, it is also the most expensive stamp ever made, its nominal value being 5.45 euro.
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,427
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 1,061
- 18.11.2013StampNews.com Rankings 2014 - 527
- 15.12.2013Philately keeps me company in old age: Brijmohan Modi’s story - 451
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?