Experience a movie on a real stamp!
Austrian Post is to release a revolutionary lenticular stamp to celebrate the UEFA EURO 2008. The new stamp goes on sale on 5 May 2008 and the issue will have a matching special postmark.
48 images of a TV recording are superposed on the stamp. To the viewer, the optical effect is that of a film sequence of approx. 3 seconds.
The stamp features the legendary goal scored by Andi Herzog, Austria’s record-breaking international player. With this dream goal against Sweden scored in the 76th minute on 6 September 1997, Andi Herzog paved the way for the Austrian national team to enter the main draw of the World Championships 1998 in France. On the stamp, the goal and its setup from three different perspectives are shown.
Austrian Post aimed to bring the legendary team spirit of the 90s back to the hearts and minds of today’s players and to football enthusiasts in Austria. The Andi Herzog stamp is the technologically most sophisticated stamp of all time. It is also the largest one, measuring 6.5 by 4.7 cm. In addition to that, it is also the most expensive stamp ever made, its nominal value being 5.45 euro.
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 877
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 697
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 356
- 08.03.2014Bpost grabs world record: 606 words on a stamp - 332
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …