Linus Pauling stamp to be released next week
The U.S. Postal Service will release a new 41-cent stamp honoring Linus Pauling next week at Oregon State University, the two-time Nobel Prize winner’s alma mater.
The chemist and peace activist will be one of four researchers in the “American Scientists” series.
Along with the scientist’s portrait, the Pauling stamp features sickle cell anemia molecules. Pauling’s research on sickle cell anemia combined medicine, biology and chemistry.
The other scientists honored in the set of “American Scientists” stamps are biochemist Gerti Cory, astronomer Edwin Hubble and physicist John Bardeen.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,333
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 867
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 831
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 572
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas