USPS previews 2008 stamps
What do Bette Davis, “Take Me Out to the Ball Game,” and Latin jazz have in common? They’re some of the subjects recognized in the Postal Service’s 2008 stamp program.
“The 2008 stamp program recognizes a range of subjects as diverse as America itself, from the Chinese Lunar New Year celebrated in Chinatowns all over the country, to 20th century movie icons and literary figures, to the flags of our states and territories,” said Postmaster General John Potter. “We’re proud to be able to highlight noteworthy parts of our shared American history on stamps that people will use every day to connect with family and friends.
Our introduction of The Flags of Our Nation series this summer makes for a perfect start into stamp collecting
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,920
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 1,331
- 28.02.2014Most popular stamps 2013 by our readers’ opinion - 731
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 665
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …
- 27.01.2014Stewie1980: This is not a real stamp! From the Magy …
- 24.01.2014Stewie1980: These stamps are 'personalized' stamps i …
- 24.01.2014alex: fake?
- 16.12.2013alex: fully agree with hippokampos. What do y …
- 16.12.2013hippokampos: Philately is not dying. Changing yes, bu …
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.