Croatia protests over Italian stamp
Zagreb has sent a demarche to Rome over a postage stamp depicting Rijeka.
Above the picture of the Croatian coastal city, a caption reads “The eastern land that used to be Italian.”
The Croatian Interior and European Integration Ministry has sent a letter of protest to Italy stating that they had learned in October of the preparations for issuing the stamp and had immediately informed Italy that the content was unacceptable.
Italy stated that it would not issue the stamp following receipt of the protest letter, according to a statement from the Croatian Ministry.
The protest note states that Croatia is surprised by the issue of the stamp, adding that the move was inappropriate and goes against the spirit of good neighborly relations and friendship.
The Italian Foreign Ministry was asked to once again inform the Italian government of Croatia’s views and to undertake adequate measures to prevent further distribution of the stamp.
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 438
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 369
- 06.11.2014Russia refuses to recognize Tom of Finland stamps - 297
- 20.06.2014First World War – the Centenary – in Serbian stamps - 290
- 25.11.2014Olchik: Very extraodinary stamp. I like it!
- 05.11.2014alex: Compound Annual Growth Rate is about 10% …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: fixed :)
- 28.10.2014alex: Great, most interesting topic of this ye …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: Well, we finally created the new tag: F …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: magnus_z, yes you are right!
- 27.10.2014hippokampos: Christmas? Really!
- 27.10.2014magnus_z: 5 scans from http://www.fandom.ru/about_ …
- 26.10.2014Olchik: Family is the most precious that we have …
- 26.10.2014Olchik: These stamps are so cute. I fancy theit …