Croatia protests over Italian stamp
Zagreb has sent a demarche to Rome over a postage stamp depicting Rijeka.
Above the picture of the Croatian coastal city, a caption reads “The eastern land that used to be Italian.”
The Croatian Interior and European Integration Ministry has sent a letter of protest to Italy stating that they had learned in October of the preparations for issuing the stamp and had immediately informed Italy that the content was unacceptable.
Italy stated that it would not issue the stamp following receipt of the protest letter, according to a statement from the Croatian Ministry.
The protest note states that Croatia is surprised by the issue of the stamp, adding that the move was inappropriate and goes against the spirit of good neighborly relations and friendship.
The Italian Foreign Ministry was asked to once again inform the Italian government of Croatia’s views and to undertake adequate measures to prevent further distribution of the stamp.
- 03.02.2015Most popular stamps 2014 by our readers’ opinion - 563
- 15.11.2014Lego Toys stamps for EUROPA stamp competition - 512
- 05.11.2014The block of Jenny inverted stamps was sold for almost 5 million dollars - 491
- 06.11.2014Russia refuses to recognize Tom of Finland stamps - 483
- 21.03.2015alex: Peppa the best!!!
- 09.02.2015Julieta Pascanu: We received on behalf of the Italian Fed …
- 09.02.2015alex: USPS Vintage Circus Posters really the b …
- 01.02.2015editor-in-chief: corrected :)
- 21.01.2015Spirit: No way that Swiss Post regularly issue p …
- 04.01.2015Olchik: Funny stamps. It is my favourite childre …
- 04.01.2015Olchik: Great stamp. Nelson Mandela will remain …
- 25.11.2014Olchik: Very extraodinary stamp. I like it!
- 05.11.2014alex: Compound Annual Growth Rate is about 10% …
- 28.10.2014editor-in-chief: fixed :)