Monaco: Auguste Escoffier
This great Master of the French cookery was born in Villeneuve-Loubet in 1846 where a Museum is dedicated to him. He set up in 1884 in the kitchens of the “Grand-Hotel of Monte-Carlo”, led by Cesar RITZ. Both men had then bound careers, also at the “Savoy” in London or at the “Ritz” in Paris. He retired in Monaco from 1920 where he died in 1935. He proposed a new cookery, more simple, refined and comfortable and created many dishes among which the “Peche Melba”.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,323
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 864
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 812
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 564
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas