The US Postal Service have issued new stamps to honor two of America’s most esteemed scientists, Dr Jonas Salk and Dr Albert Sabin.
The two were instrumental in developing vaccines for paralytic poliomyelitis, or ‘polio’ as it is better known, as well as a number of other infectious diseases. Both men have now been honored as part of the Distinguished Americans series of stamps.
Salk is depicted on the 63-cent stamp, the rate for two-ounce First-Class mail, and Sabin on the 87-cent stamp, the three-ounce First-Class rate.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 763
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 341
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 321
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 311
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013