Austria Post honors Niki Lauda
Austria Post issued a new stamp on September 13 to honor Formula 1 racing legend Niki Lauda.
Andreas Nikolaus Lauda was born in Vienna on February 22, 1949, and to his family’s displeasure, became interested in motor racing at an early age. He began with touring car racing, and then, from 1971 to 1972, took part in his first Formula 1 races in a March Ford, switching to BRM from 1976 on. It was during this time that he learned much about the cars, acquiring the huge specialist knowledge about the suspension and adjustment of the racing cars that was to benefit him so much at Ferrari.
When Enzo Ferrari made his acquaintance, he was so impressed by the young man that he offered him the opportunity of a lifetime
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,375
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 882
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 877
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 586
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas