Austria Post honors Niki Lauda
Austria Post issued a new stamp on September 13 to honor Formula 1 racing legend Niki Lauda.
Andreas Nikolaus Lauda was born in Vienna on February 22, 1949, and to his family’s displeasure, became interested in motor racing at an early age. He began with touring car racing, and then, from 1971 to 1972, took part in his first Formula 1 races in a March Ford, switching to BRM from 1976 on. It was during this time that he learned much about the cars, acquiring the huge specialist knowledge about the suspension and adjustment of the racing cars that was to benefit him so much at Ferrari.
When Enzo Ferrari made his acquaintance, he was so impressed by the young man that he offered him the opportunity of a lifetime
- 17.04.2014Vintage Circus Posters are to surprise the collectors - 900
- 07.05.2014Post Offices around the world on Facebook, May 2014 (INFOGRAPHICS) - 759
- 11.07.2014Assassination of the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie Duchess of Hohenberg - 386
- 15.07.2014Germany has won the World Cup 2014 – an impressive success honored with a special stamp - 323
- 26.08.2014alex: stamp on stamp great idea!
- 15.06.2014hippokampos: What color post marks is used for cancel …
- 15.06.2014alex: +1
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: LIke the Carob Tree stamps from Monaco t …
- 14.06.2014Doc4Cent: These Carob Tree stamps are just stunnin …
- 29.05.2014alex: 3 metres in length ???
- 27.05.2014alex: The results are interesting and not at a …
- 01.05.2014hippokampos: No AR code?
- 05.04.2014hippokampos: We missed you.
- 21.02.2014hippokampos: Expecting more stamps with same topic se …