Gibraltar: HM Queen’s Visit 1954
In winter 1953 Her Majesty set out to accomplish, as Queen, the commonwealth tour she had begun before the death of her father. With The Duke of Edinburgh she visited Bermuda, Jamaica, Fiji, Tonga, New Zealand, Australia, Ceylon, Uganda, Malta and Gibraltar.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II visited Gibraltar during the 10th and 11th May 1954. Apart from attending the more formal functions she renamed one of Gibraltar’s most important roads, Reclamation Road to Queensway (depicted on the stamp sheet gutters). During her visit she also reviewed the troops at North Front (depicted on the stamp sheet gutters), met Gibraltar’s school children at the Victoria Stadium, planted a tree in commemoration of her visit at Alameda Gardens (depicted on the stamp sheet gutters & FDC) and visited the Historical sites in the Upper Rock Nature Reserve where she visited our famous Rock Apes (depicted on the FDC).
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,316
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 863
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 803
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 563
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas