During a special ceremony today, former First Lady Nancy Reagan joined Postmaster General John E. Potter to unveil the image of the President Ronald Reagan commemorative postage stamp.
The Reagan stamp, honoring the nation’s 40th President, will be issued next year. The event was held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley.
The first-day-of-issue stamp dedication ceremony will also take place at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, Wed., Feb. 9, 2005.
It is Postal Service tradition to honor prominent Americans with a stamp no sooner than 10 years after death but presidents may be honored the first birthday following their deaths.
- 22.03.2013Postojna Cave, the First Underground Post Office on new Slovenia-Austria joint stamp issue - 773
- 26.03.2013Chocolate stamps from Belgium to arouse senses - 347
- 11.03.2009Top 10 most touching postage stamps of 2008 - 339
- 27.03.2013StampNews.com launches new design - 313
- 24.05.2013 - 26.05.2013NOJEX 2013, North Jersey Stamp Show
- 07.06.2013 - 09.06.2013Nordic stamp exhibition NORDIA 2013 in Gardabaer, Iceland
- 16.07.2013 - 21.06.2013APS Summer Seminar on Philately in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
- 02.08.2013 - 14.08.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION THAILAND 2013
- 08.08.2013 - 11.08.2013APS StampShow 2013 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 19.11.2013 - 25.11.2013WORLD STAMP EXHIBITION BRASILIANA-2013