Austria Post salute The Herminator
Austrian skiing legend Hermann Maier will be honored by Austria Post on 25th September when they release a new 55c stamp featuring the record breaking sportsman.
Born in Altenmarkt on December 7, 1972, Maier was introduced to the world of competitive skiing by his father who ran a skiing school in Flachau. He remained relatively unknown until he made his debut at the giant slalom at Hinterstoder in 1997, but it was at the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics that he really made his name.
Having suffered an horrific accident which earned him the nickname “The Herminator”, Maier returned to the slope just three days later and captured the gold in the Super G, followed by Gold in the Giant Slalom. Victory in the overall World Cup later that same year capped a remarkable series of achievements for the Austrian.
- 18.09.2013Marine Fauna of Slovenia stamps covered with sea salt - 1,317
- 18.06.2013Top 10 most touching stamps 2012 - 864
- 04.11.2013Top 10 most extraordinary stamps 2012 - 807
- 28.09.2013Raphael the Italian painter through philately - 563
- 04.12.2013alex: +1
- 04.12.2013editor-in-chief: fixed!
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: No AR code to listen the music?
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change TAG to Slovakia.
- 04.12.2013hippokampos: Please change Tag to Slovakia
- 11.10.2013tuncayyavas: EN İYİ DİLEKLERİMLE
- 01.10.2013editor-in-chief: Please check "Slovenia stamps covered wi …
- 27.09.2013alex: Fascinating post about one of my favorit …
- 25.09.2013alex: No philatelic value - but very pictures …
- 25.09.2013hippokampos: This information is deceptive. On pictur …
- 19.10.2013 - 08.12.2013Museum Africa Stamp Show exhibition, 19 Oct to 8 Dec 2013
- 03.12.2013 - 13.12.2013Unusual Stamps Exhibition – Singapore Philatelic Museum
- 14.02.2014 - 16.02.2014AmeriStamp Expo Feb. 14-16, 2014 in Little Rock, Arkansas